Thank you for your interest in LatinRunners (LR)!
We are looking forward to start our first season as a registered non-for-profit organization named BONDING ACTIVE COMMUNITIES SOCIETY (BACSociety). This is the first season that the LatinRunners program is offered under the umbrella of BACSociety. Gradually, we will build this project into an organization where women empower each other and themselves through running, leadership development and education as well as volunteering and other fitness activities.
This registration process will take about 15 minutes. We do ask that you read carefully.
SPRING 2016 RUNNING CLUB:
- For this Season the LR clubs will be offered to those participants that already have running experience. If you have run 5k/10k before and have followed a learn to run program in the past, preferably the LR Program, you are welcome to join us. For this season, each location will set its own training goals for each session.
- Walkers that have participated with LR before are welcome to join in Spring 2016.
- The season will tentatively begin February 20-21 and will end May 13-14.The deadline to register for Spring is January 15th, 2016.
OFFICIAL RACE OF THE SEASON:
- Our official race for the season will be the Sun Run on April 17th, 2016.
- Registered LatinRunners for Spring 2016 will receive a CouponCode*^ for the Sun Run that will entitle them and immediate family (spouse and children) to a $19 discount so the price for the race will then be $31.50 CAD (instead of $51.50 CAD regular early bird price).
- The deadline to register for the Sun Run with the LR team is February 2, 2016. (LatinRunners by BACSociety)
*Please note that the $19 CAD discount on your Sun Run registration will be provided by an anonymous sponsor only if 80 LR register for the race.
^Only registered LR and registered Supporters for Spring 2016 will have access to this potential benefit.
COST OF THE PROGRAM SPRING 2016:
- We rely on registration fees, donations, sponsorships fundraising events, grants and volunteers to deliver this program.The cost of the LR program is $600 per participant.The time that leaders and volunteers generously donate reduces the cost to $350 per participant. Because our organization really wants to make this program affordable and to keep all LR as involved as possible, the registration fee for those who have been part of LR in the past is $50. This cost represents 15% of the actual cost of the program. As an organization, we all have to make a huge effort to raise an additional $300 per participant to cover the full cost of the program.
- BACSociety asks that you commit to at least 5 hours of volunteer work during the Spring 2016 season. There is a variety of volunteer work that you can participate on (admin, logistics, community engagement, fundraising, etc)
- Early bird price: $50 CAD until January 3rd, 2015. Regular Price: $60 CAD January 4th-15th. Late registration $65 Jan 16th to 31st Payment will be accepted through credit cards only. Ask a friend for help if you don’t have a credit card.
- You may do your payment in 2 installments of $30 CAD each, first payment must be done between January 4th-15th Second one before January 31th
- Registration INCLUDES:
- Short sleeve technical t-shirt with the LR logo (new t-shirt version). Tshirts will be exclusive of registered LatinRunners and they will be delivered mid season.
- $19 CAD Discount for the Sun Run when 80 participants have registered
- Liability insurance
- All of the benefits of the LR program that you have already experienced (physical activity, networking, social fun environment, encouragement from leaders and teammates, Canadian experience if you volunteer for the organization and activities that help you build your Resume)
CRITERIA TO PARTICIPATE IN THE LR SPRING 2016 SEASON:
- You have completed your registration, including payment.
- You are a women over 18 years old.
- You have signed the sports and photo waivers.
- You are a BC Resident with a legal status in Canada. e.g. Permanent Resident/citizenship
- You have MSP (medical service plan) coverage or similar.
- Have set a Personal or Professional Goal
SET A PERSONAL/PROFESSIONAL GOAL
- LR is empowerment. This season we are introducing a new aspect to our training. We want you to set a goal other than running 5k/10k/15k. When you see yourself as capable of crossing a finish line, your self-confidence improves. In LR we would like to know what else you are achieving as you prepare for a finish line.
- We will have an initial “assessment questionnaire” where we will ask you to share one personal/professional goal that can be achieved within the 13 week time frame. Eg: present your driving exam, join an english course, join a cooking class, write your Resume, attended a seminar, finish a craft project, meditate once a week, have a job interview, attend a community event, reorganize your kitchen, etc. * Goals and successes will be shared, however, names will remain confidential if you would prefer.
- At the end of the season, we will ask you to complete a satisfaction survey where you measure the progress or your goal. You will be surprised of your capacity to achieve goals when you feel motivated, engaged and empowered and of course when you set a deadline!
REGISTRATION PERIOD IS OVER. PLEASE STAY TUNED FOR OUR NEXT SEASON IN AUGUST